6.07.2005

"Be careful with me, I'm fragile, I'm a bitch babe, and I'm on fire."

So, as any Garbage fan knows, the only thing that is as important as the music is Shirley's hair and clothes. It's just common sense. And I would like to take this time to point out she has fantastic shoes:


I want them.

Anyway, I would also like to take this time to do an homage to Shirley as the sassy redheaded that I love. Blog on!



Shirley in her humble Garbage beginings, post Angelfish. Her hair was big, her make-up was fantastic and I LOVED HER. I owned the Us magazine that this picture was in. For everyone who has ever gone jewellry with me, I would like to specify that I do believe that this picture is the origin of my love of big, oversized rings.



Upon the release of Version 2.0, Shirley's hair got smaller and straighter and she was all sleek. This is about the time when I realized how truly Scottish and pale she really is. Which is great because I'm Scottish and pale. Honestly, my face has enough pale to light a country road at midnight.



...And then Shirley started morphing into some type of futuristic-dominatrix thing, but I still dug it.

(I also had the Spin magazine that this was published in. As I said, I loves me some Shirley.)



At the release of BeautifulGarbage, the hair looked good...



And then this happened.

Now, I know she was going for the androgenous-Annie-Lennox look, and who am I to complain? I likes me some Annie, too, but Shirley had to be kicked out of my Duo of Sassy Redheads that I'm in Love With (the remainder of the duo being the lovely Tori Amos, of course - who later had to be removed as well due to her decision to go blonde as well - I felt so rejected). And then the BeautifulGarbage look went to new levels...



...And I loves me some Blondie, but damn, I think Debbie's fug is rubbing off on Shirley in this picture. Deb's rocking the psuedo-hip grandma look and Shirley's rocking the deranged circus clown look. I'm fairly confident that they're laughing because they LOOKED IN THE MIRROR.

Now I'm not going to comment on Shirley's initial Bleed Like Me look because I think that horse has been beaten enough and we all know how I feel and I try to repress those memories.



...But I knew she wouldn't disappoint. I knew she had a mirror somewhere in her house. Still loves me the Shirley!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE how shirley looks now that she seems to have gotten over her breif affair with a she-mullet.
But seriously that picture with her and Debbie Harry is BRUTALLY wrong.

1:51 PM  
Blogger vivahate said...

I like to pretend the she-mullet never happened.

And yeah, what the crap is with that Debbie Harry picture?! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home