4.09.2005

What a moist, naughty boy

So David Usher is playing Denim here in Guelph on April 21.

When is David Usher going to go back to Moist? Honestly, does he think the stuff he's doing now is good? Not that Moist was particularly spectacular, but it was far superior to his solo crap. Like really, he has a song called "Butterfly". Who the fuck is he, Mariah Carrey?

When I was in high school, I had a friend who was beyond obssessed with Moist/David Usher, so I've seen him/Moist live a few times. My favourite David Usher moment has to be waiting outside the Mike Bullard show to meet him. After he came out and had a picture taken with my friend, my other friend, a gay male, yelled "David Usher makes me Moist!"

Mr. Usher turned around and looked.
My obssessed friend got a look of horror on her face and ran down the street, away from the scene of her embarassment.

That was the last time we saw David Usher.

Good times.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

as much as I do enjoy the occasional "moist" song, the fact that their band name is "moist" is utterly repulsive to me.
I hate that word. Why would you want that to be the name of your band unless your a 13 year old boy?

11:17 AM  
Blogger vivahate said...

Because you can say things like "David Usher makes me Moist."

He doesn't make me moist, but if he did, hoo boy would I have a catch phrase.

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home