5.07.2005

"Our only goal will be the western shore."

Bands today aren't cool.

Led Zeppelin was cool.

Led Zeppelin could write songs about Lord of the Rings and vikings and still somehow be cool. And not in that nerd cool way. They still managed to pull off rock star cool.

Can Linkin Park do that? I think not. Linkin fucking Park can't even write about depression and be cool, and any band this side of Trent Reznor seems to be able to do that.

And on that note, why is Trent still angry? He's been doing this whole angry, white guy thing for about twenty years now. THAT's consistency.

I still love you Trent. I like you angry. I'm afraid if you weren't angry, you'd get all Sting-esque.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's that Sting video where he sings "I'm so happy that I can't stop crying", you know the one with the weird aliens and the cowboy stuff and the horrid faux-hawk?
I like that song.

12:28 AM  
Blogger vivahate said...

I believe it's called "I'm so Happy I Can't Stop Crying".

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you manage to find out all these pop cultural tid-bits?! Where do you get your info from???

12:00 PM  
Blogger vivahate said...

Years of suckling at the teet of music media. I've been doing this since I was a young'in.

Plus, Sting and I are like this *crosses fingers*.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home